We are so excited about this year's Summer STEAM Sports & Arts Camp.
We are looking for some AMAZING instructors to help lead and support our programs!
If interested please email your resume to : Kcunitedsports10@gmail.com
Position Title: Executive Camp Director
The Executive Camp Director plans, coordinates, and oversees the overall camp program, approves all camp activities, and hires camp staff. He/she is responsible for communicating with parents, guardians, teachers, and counselors and other camp staff prior, during, and after the summer camp.
Camp Director, STEM Director, Camp Administrative Assistant, Collaborating Camp partners, KC United! Executive Board
Background Required and Qualifications
- Must be at least 25 years of age and have experience in planning major events.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong ability to build external partnerships
- Able to raise and build solid financial support systems
- Understanding of grant research and completion processes
- Possesses excellent leadership abilities, management and organizational skills.
- Patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable.
- Ability to step in when and where necessary
- High energy
- Strong demonstrations of character and integrity
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable of and adheres to all camp policies, rules, and guidelines.
- Establishes operating budget for the camp and controls expenditures.
- Collaborates with appropriate University staff on classrooms, meeting facilities, recreational facilities, housing needs, and other university facilities that are needed for the camp.
- Collaborates with the Camp Program Director and STEM Director on the scheduling of classroom, field, and evening activities.
- Oversees the development of the camp program and approve all camp activities.
- Hires, disciplines, supervises and terminates camp staff.
- Conducts Risk Management training and background checks.
- Organizes and coordinates the campers’ selection process.
- Produces forms, letters and pertinent documents needed for the implementation of the camp.
- Handles questions, problems and concerns of parents/guardians before and during camp.
- Observes the peer culture to see if there are any problems and implement solutions as necessary.
- Establishes a procedure for handling all difficulties related to health, behavior and other
problems and report incidents to the Harris Foundation.
- Monitors and ensures appropriate student behavior and adherence to camp rules and regulations.
- Schedules small group meetings with staff as needed.
- Works closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members.
- Handles emergency situations in conjunction with Camp Program Director, Lead Dorm Counselor and Lead Camp Counselor.
- Assesses the overall program to see if there are any changes that need to be made for optimum functioning.
- Completes and/or oversees the completion of all documents (agreement, schedules,
program evaluation, information management system, etc.) required by the Harris Foundation.
- Seeks advice and/or assistance from the Camp Director or other sources when needed.